Re: [eclipselink-users] Oracle Driver loaded from wrong classloader in OSGi environment sometimes

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:19:59 +0200, Shaun Smith <shaun.smith@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you figure out why a different classloader is used if you can debug
into the code?

Indeed I debugged a little further. The actual exception that is thrown inside EL is "Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.1 (Build 20080905)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: E/A-Exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
Error Code: 17002"

It is caused after the driver manager fails to load the driver and EL loaded it. The directConnect method fails with this exception. The XE listener on the VM is running though. The JDBC URL is correct too, as well as the credentials. Sometimes the connection succeeds and sometimes it does not.
Any idea what could cause this?

Phil

    Shaun

Philipp Kursawe wrote:
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 20:52:47 +0200, Shaun Smith