Re: [eclipselink-users] Inconsistent EntityManager.persist: Is this a failure in the TCK?

Hi Francisco,

I took a look at the spec and as far as I can tell it is not specific about where nullable validation occurs. All the comments I could find are of the form:

"Whether the database column is nullable."

Because there are no specifics of where the validation occurs, it would not be possible to write a TCK test for this and my understanding is that it would be a design choice for the vendor to decide where to validate.

I believe the spec-feedback email list is:

persistence-feature-requests [suffixed by: at-sun-dot-com], but if that does not work, please reply to this email and I'll see if there is an updated one.

-Tom

Francisco P. wrote:
Hi!
I have presente the Hibernate Forum with this question but got no answer so
far (http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=995684)

Maybe this EclipseLink forum is the right place to write about compatibility
problems because AFAIK EclipseLink is the RI, and this seem to be a failure
in the TCK (I have no access to it, but this seems like the kind of thing
that should be consistent between JPA implementations, and therefore
detected by the TCK)... How can I submit a feature request/bug report asking
for this behavior to be standardized in the TCK so that all JPA
implementations behave the same way? is this the right forum to be asking
for this? Or is this not a shortcoming of the TCK but an omission in the JPA
spec?

Back to the top