Re: [eclipselink-users] The dreaded "not a known entity type" error

tware wrote:

> I am not familiar with how the netbeans functionality that generates
> entities
> from schema works, but there are a few things you can look for in the
> persistence unit it generates for you.

Thanks, Tom, for the reply. None of your suggestions explicitly helped, but
the
eclipselink.logging.level idea did help. I finally got it *almost* working.
I gave up
on the auto-generation-from-db-tables thing and just took the
previously-auto-generated
entity classes and let EclipseLink, JPA, or *somebody* build the tables from
the entity
classes. With help from the FINEST logging, I hacked on the entity classes a
little to get
it running.

It also seems that restarting glassfish helps. Even after I got it working,
editing the
source, rebuilding, and redploying sometimes still produces the "not a known
entity
type" error. But, at least for now, restarting glassfish before redploying
seems to
alleviate that problem. (Since I'm running glassfish on my development
machine
and there are no other services running on it, I can restart easily. If this
problem persists after moving to the deployment server, then I've got
problems.)

Thanks again.