[eclipselink-users] The dreaded "not a known entity type" error

I'm a new list member. My apologies if this is not the best list for this
message.
If not, please recommend a better place to post.

I use NetBeans to develop web applications using JPA and EclipseLink or,
in the past, TopLink. However, everytime I use JPA with a new NetBeans
project, I always seem to run into  the dreaded "not a known entity type"
error. I usually manage to get around  it one way or another, but nothing
seems to work consistently. You can search the NetBeans user list, or
Google,
and find several people asking the same question, but no consistent answer
appears.

Two days ago I fixed the problem by switching to Glassfish v2 from v3. NO
OTHER
CHANGE! Just switching Glassfish versions. Yesterday, on an expanded version
of that same project, I'm getting the error in both GF v2 and v3! ARGHH!!!

The entity class in question, and all the others, were generated by NetBeans
from the database schema, so they certainly should be valid entity classes.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Johnny Tolliver