Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipse RCP - EntityManagerFactory == null

Tom Ware skrev:
Hi Christian,

I apologize if I have missed this earlier in the thread, but the most common reason the persistence unit cannot be found is that the correct classloader has not been provided at EntityManagerFactory creation time. We need access to a classloader that can load META-INF/persistence.xml as a resource.

  Here's what we do in the example:

    private EntityManagerFactory getEntityManagerFactory() {
        if (emf == null) {
            HashMap properties = new HashMap();
properties.put(PersistenceUnitProperties.CLASSLOADER, this.getClass().getClassLoader());
            emf = new PersistenceProvider().createEntityManagerFactory(
                    PU_NAME,
                    properties);
        }
        return emf;
    }

Thanks for replying taking the time to reply :-)
I've actually managed to do this part, and because of it I even got a little ouput in the debug part (by putting in more stuff in the hashmap). And for some odd reason it no longer complains about not finding the persistence bundle, though I havent changed anything. So I'm sort of at a loss what do try next. Though trying to implement everything once more from scratch would seem like a 'good idea' right about now.

But is it a requirement to have the EntityManagerFactory in the same bundle as the persistence.xml?

--
Sincerly
Christian Michelsen

Back to the top