Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipse RCP - EntityManagerFactory == null

Tim Hollosy skrev:
What's the console output/logging output before the NPE? Set your
logging level to Finest and post it, that would help.

Well after some serious head-against-hard-surface getting the logging going I suddenly started getting a helpfull little piece of info.

18:16:05 ERROR (Log4JLogListener.java:67) - Log4JLogListener.logging(...): Unable to create view ID jpaprototypepluginview.View2: Exception Description: An attempt has been made to use PersistenceUnit [yazcatprototype], but no bundle is available that defines that persistence unit. (code 0)
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-28027] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.2 (Build 20081024)): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException Exception Description: An attempt has been made to use PersistenceUnit [yazcatprototype], but no bundle is available that defines that persistence unit.

So basicly it can't find the persistence.xml, which sorta was on my list of possible reasons. The persistence.xml is in a bundle with my annotated classes. Oddly enough I have no problem importing those classes into the bundle that actually tries to start the EntityManagerFactory, but I guess there is some huge barn door I'm overlooking.

Any suggestions what I should do?

--
Sincerly
Christian Michelsen