Re: [eclipselink-users] sharing persistence unit between apps

This should work fine if you put the persistence unit of the server's applib
(server's shared classpath) and access it as application managed (i.e.
Persistence.class).  I don't think there is any way to access it as
container managed, (i.e. injection), (although you could try, it might
work).

Weaving will most likely not occur, so you could statically weave your jar.

ymajoros wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have several applications which used to share a toplink server session,
> so they shared the cache. They are all running on the same server and need
> to know about each other's changes.
>
> Is the same possible with EclipseLink? I'd expect that sharing a
> persistence unit could do the trick. Is this possible? Or is there another
> way to share the server session? This stops us from migrating from toplink
> 10 (non-jpa) to eclipselink (jpa) for now, I'd really like to find some
> solution.

-----
---
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/