Re: [eclipselink-users] Generating INSERT statments to file

There is no simple way to do this.  Perhaps you can log an enhancement
request.

You could do this by creating your own EclipseLink SessionLog to capture the
SQL, and create your own fake JDBC Connection to not access the database (I
think we even have one in testing somewhere).  One of the issues will be
reading objects and generating sequence numbers, as these need to access the
database.

rgn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're currently using EclipseLink and working on migration data.
>
> We're trying to find out if it is even possible to have EclipseLink
> generate
> the INSERT statement for us and store it to a file without persisting to
> any
> database?
>
> So we want just to capture all the insert statements and put it in a file
> and use it later.
>
> We're using the Classic API and the case is for new objects and write
> only.

-----
---
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/