Re: [eclipselink-users] JPA OneToOne with Primary Key FK Question

The issue is that you need to set the AccountDetails accountId2, it will not
be set for you.  You can do this by first persisting the Account, then
creating the AccountDetails and setting its' account and accountId2 to the
Account.  You might also be able to do this in an event.

see,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence/Identity_and_Sequencing#Primary_Keys_through_OneToOne_Relationships

Tim Hollosy wrote:

> I'm having a hard time with a OneToOne with a Primary Key as Foriegn
> Key relationship.
>
> The secondary table is not getting the PK set, it's going in as null,
> instead of grabbing
>
> Here's the EO's.
>
> Account and AccountDetails
>
> They both share account_id as PK's.
>
> I set the relationships on both sides and persist the account object,
> the insert on the account_details fails with a null account_id.
>
> Account
> ---
> public class Accounts extends CreatedByModifiedByBaseEntity implements
> Serializable {
> 	@Id
>
> @GeneratedValue(generator="ACCOUNT_ID_SEQ",strategy=GenerationType.SEQUENCE)
>
> @SequenceGenerator(name="ACCOUNT_ID_SEQ",sequenceName="crm.\"ACCOUNT_ID_SEQ\"",allocationSize=1)
> 	@Column(name="account_id")
> 	private Long accountId;
>
> 	@OneToOne(mappedBy="accountId",cascade=PERSIST)
> 	private AccountDetails accountDetails;
>
> Account_Details
> ---
> public class AccountDetails extends ModifiedByBaseEntity implements
> Serializable {
> 	@Id
> 	@Column(name="account_id")
> 	private Long accountId2;