[eclipselink-users] committing / rollback question + entitymanager

Hello

I have a problem with the rollback of my transaction. For some reason the entities are saved in the db while the transaction has not committed.

These are the steps:

try{
   logger.debug(" Starting a transaction");
   entityManager.getTransaction().begin();
           //here do some entityManager.persist(entities);
          //then throw a runtime exception to fake an exception.
    logger.debug("Committing the transaction");
    entityManager.getTransaction().commit();
catch(Exception e) {
   logger.error(e);
}
finally {
if (entityManager != null && entityManager.getTransaction().isActive()) {
               logger.debug("Rolling back the transaction");
               entityManager.getTransaction().rollback();
}

This is my logging info:
Starting a transaction
       exception stacktrace...........
Rolling back the transaction

As you can see the transaction is not committed but rolled back. However there are entities in my db.

How is this possible?
Leon

Back to the top