Re: [eclipselink-users] Are lifecycle methods supposed to be calledfrom a MappedSuperClass?

Well I just created a class, annotated it @MappedSuperclass , put a
@PreUpdate annotation on a method, and observed it not being called.

Now I think using EntityListeners may end up being cleaner because
they're reusable in more spots anyway, but I was just wondering if
that was allowed. Since it sounds like it is, I'll assume I was doing
something wrong for now. If I can duplicate it i'll post a bug though.

Thanks