[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipselink-dev] Hermes JPQL Parser Bundles
- From: Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:21:28 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120327 Thunderbird/11.0.1
As you probably know, we recently changed our JPQL parser from the
ANTLR-based version that shipped in EclipseLink 2.3.x and prior releases to our
new Hermes Parser which we share with the Dali project.
Hermes currently ships as two bundles.
1. The org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.jpql bundle - this is the Hermes parser used
by EclipseLink and Dali. It has no dependencies on other EclipseLink code.
2. The org.eclipse.persistence.core.jpql fragment - this is glue code that makes
use of the Hermes parser to build queries at EclipseLink runtime.
Since Hermes is now the default parser, it does not make sense that part of
it be maintained in a fragment. I propose we move the all the
org.eclipse.persistence.core.jpql code to our core bundle.
The following bug has been entered to track this suggestion.
If you have concerns, please add comments to the bug.