[eclipselink-dev] About Update site building

Hello everybody,

I developped an eclipse plugin and I'm trying to build an update site with
ant (to make the update site build automatic). For the plugin and feature
folder, I did not met any problem.
My problem is for Update Site. In fact, I saw that eclipse creates
content.jar
(containing content.xml) and artifacts.jar (containing artifacts.xml).

I have no idea of the way these XML files are generated, so I do not see
how to build them. So my questions are: What role do they have ?
Are these files essential to build a stable update site ?

If yes, how could I build them with ant ?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Sebastien