[eclipse.org-planning-council] ECF/p2 and Network Proxies

Hi,

All evidence suggests that ECF's new httpclientjava as used by p2, Oomph, and the Eclipse Installer will no longer be able to communicate in (some?) network environments involving proxies.

Details as well linked problem reports are available here:

https://github.com/eclipse-simrel/.github/pull/12#issuecomment-1801233571

I first expressed my concerns about this at the October meeting. I negligently missed the November meeting so was not able to express how deeply concerned I am about this serious regression. The runway for fixing the problem is rapidly coming to an end.

Its relevant to note that those affected are likely to be users in large organizations rather than average-joe-user.  So maybe "we"are comfortable giving them an abrupt wake-up call.  Then again, maybe those affected are you, your developers, and/or your customers...

Regards,
Ed

Back to the top