[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Technology Project Declaration: Photran

As per the Eclipse Development Process, we are notifying the Eclipse Membership-at-Large of the intent of the University of Illinois to propose the Photran Project as part of the Technology PMC.

A brief description of the project is below. A project proposal will be posted on http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-photran/index.html in a few days.

Project Declaration for "Photran Project"
The goal of the Photran project is to cultivate a fully integrated development facility for the Fortran programming language, with full support for Fortran editing, debugging, and refactoring for the Eclipse Platform. Photran will be based upon the CDT. The project will also promote cooperation among related Eclipse projects to encourage the development of broader, more language-agnostic refactoring tools and infrastructure.

We look forward to input and discussion from the Eclipse community.

Bjorn Freeman
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure
Eclipse Foundation
voice:  971-327-7323 (PST, GMT+9)
email:  bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top