[eclipse.org-membership-at-large] Technology Project Declaration: Model Driven Development Integration Project

As per the Eclipse Development Process, we are notifying the Eclipse Membership-at-Large of the intent of the Thales, INRIA, and others to propose the Model Driven Development Integration Project as part of the Technology PMC.

A brief description of the project is below. A draft project proposal has been posted on http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-mddi/index.html in a few days.

Project Declaration for "Model Driven Development Integration Project"
The Eclipse MDDi project is dedicated to the realization of a platform offering facilities needed for applying a Model Driven Development (MDD) approach. This platform aims at providing a consistent set of tools for modeling Domain Specific Languages (DSL) and for generating a dedicated environment (GUI, checks, generators, simulators, etc.) for these specific DSL. This platform will include a facility, called ModelBus, providing model-oriented services (e.g. model transformation, model weaving, model registering). The MDDi project aims at covering the whole model-driven software development life cycle.

We look forward to input and discussion from the Eclipse community.

--
Bjorn Freeman
Bjorn Freeman-Benson

Back to the top