[eclipse.org-members-committers] IMPORTANT: Voice conference bridge shutdown

Hi Everyone,

Our new conference bridge system at the Eclipse Foundation seems to be working very well. A number of projects have been using it successfully for some time now. Our experience is that it has provided better service to our community for roughly 1/6th the price.

The new system allows direct Voice Over IP (VoIP) connections. This enables you to use the conference system for "free" using the Internet. We've heard much positive feedback about Jitsi as a client to do this. Many smart phones have clients available as well. See the page above for more details.

ACTION NEEDED: It is now time to shut down the old system. If you have not already done so, please follow the link above to read more and if needed, open a bug to request a bridge for your project.

We will decomission the old conference bridge system July 31, 2012.

Thank you,

Andrew Ross

Back to the top