[eclipse.org-members-committers] Eclipse Projects Update, October 22/2011

Greetings folks.

We have a handful of review scheduled this week, and one new project proposal to announce.

In no particular order, we have the following release reviews scheduled.

Orion 0.3 Release Review [1]
Modeling Workflow Engine 2.1 Release Review [2]
GMF Tooling 2.4.0 Release Review [3]
Acceleo 3.2 Release Review [4]
Xtext 2.1 Release Review [5]
Smila 0.9 Release Review [6]

I am also pleased to announce the Model Focusing Tools project proposal [7].
The Eclipse Mylyn [8] and Modeling [9] projects are two of the most innovative and widely used projects within Eclipse. They both have strong communities and high-quality toolsets. Modeling provides high-level, concept-centric tools for representing and working with complex information, and Mylyn provides user-focused, task-centric tools for organizing and contextualizing complex information. The aim of this project is to bridge the two technologies, creating a unique toolset for concept and task-focused interaction with complex information. The project brings the productivity, integration and traceability benefits of Mylyn to Eclipse Modeling.
Last week, I rolled out some changes that update the automatic IP Logs to include contributions recorded in Git [A]. With this change, it is incrementally easier for projects to keep track of contributions made by non-committers to a project. If your project is using Git, please have a look.

If your project is using CVS, you need to start thinking about making the change to Git. The final stage in the retirement of CVS will occur on December 21/2012 [B] when we put all remaining eclipse.org CVS repositories into read-only mode.

If you haven't signed up for EclipseCon Europe [C], now's the time. Register right now! At EclipseCon, I'll be showing off some of our early work on a new version of the Project Management Infrastructure which includes a replacement for the Developer Portal.

I look forward to seeing everybody in two weeks!

Wayne

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=205195
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/MWE/Reviews/2.1
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMP/GMF-Tooling/IndigoReview