From: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Wagner
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:49 PM
To: Eclipsecon Program Committee list
Subject: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] minutes and AIs from9/30 telecon (plus recent updates)

  • Keynote Update
    • See the attached spreadsheet. Amazon turned us down, and we should know one way or the other about Oracle/Thomas by Thursday (before the next call). Greg confirmed, so that leaves us with 4 or 5 (depending on Thomas) keynotes. I included the additional proposals I’ve received in the spreadsheet – we need to decide whether to pursue additional speakers to round out the list or stop with fewer.
  • Email CFP reminders
    • Bjorn sent email to the committer list
    • AI: Ian/Bjorn to email members (did this happen already?)
    • Email has been sent to last year’s tutorial presenters, the technology project leads, and the PMCs. I will repeat these mailings at least twice more before the tutorial deadline (planning on the weeks of 10/10 and 10/24).
  • Embedded Track
    • Ian discussed a virtual track for embedded tooling – Nokia/J2ME, CDT, DSDP, eRCP, etc. Ian and Linda Campbell are assisting with helping to recruit into this track.
  • Initial press release will occur on 10/24, and will include keynote speaker announcement.
  • Business and user tracks need to focus on tutorial submissions.
    • AI: Maher and Mike – please help drive content in these areas
  • Selected talk topics
    • IP/licensing – see attached email thread; Maher, can you pursue?
    • Support models – we discussed soliciting content in this area and/or attempting to form a panel discussion
  • Additional AIs:
    • Tim: abstract guidelines (length, content) plus possible link to sample listed on CFP
    • All: need list of suggested tutorial and talk topics to add to CFP
    • All: please read and contribute to EclipseZone thread

Attending:

Tim Wagner

Bjorn

Ian

Paul V.

Lawrence

Ed

Sri

Mike B

Maher Masri

BEAWorld 2005: coming to a city near you.  Everything you need for SOA and enterprise infrastructure success.

Register now at http://www.bea.com/4beaworld

London 11-12 Oct| Paris13-14 Oct| Prague18-19 Oct |Tokyo 25-26 Oct| Beijing 7-8 Dec

Back to the top