[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Re: Changing the acceptance dates to Nov 15th and Dec 15th?

Ian, I disagree, but I also know that it is the program committee's decision, not mine. They have to do the reviewing and decision making.  What you and I need, from an organizing and marketing point of view, is the acceptance dates of Oct 1, Nov 15, and Dec 15. Those are the dates that we need the content (keynotes, tutorials, and presentations) to be chosen and the full program on the website. Given our technical solution this year (Eclipsezilla), the "acceptance date" and "full program on website date" are the exact same day.

If I remembered correctly we had the program published before Christmas, I think Dec. 15th.   Also, I think we received close to 50% of the submissions on the deadline date.  From a marketing point of view, we need keynotes finalized by October 15, tutorials available for registration by Nov. 15 and full program on the web site by Dec. 15.   This would be the ideal.

Bjorn, I think you need to be clear on the deadline for submissions.   This is the important date for the call for submissions.  When things actually get accepted or rejected is secondary.

Back to the top