[eclipse.org-committers] Project websites domain change to eclipse.dev

Greetings,

If your project does not have a web presence on https://eclipse.org/, you can ignore this email.

This is a gentle reminder that starting next month, Eclipse projects that maintain a web presence on the eclipse.org domain will be redirected to the equivalent page on the eclipse.dev domain.  Please see [1] for the background and motivation behind this migration.

The move should require no work on your part. In fact, your project website is already on the new domain, and you can validate today that it works as expected.  Change https://eclipse.org/yourprojectname/ to https://eclipse.dev/yourprojectname/ in your browser to preview it.

The actual migration will consist of permanent redirects (301) from eclipse.org/yourprojectname/* to eclipse.dev/yourprojectname/*

We understand that these changes to the infrastructure are disruptive and distracting, and that your time is limited. They are, however, necessary, carefully thought out, and we're doing everything we possibly can to minimize the impact on you.

[1] https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/3069

--

Denis Roy

Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation

Twitter: @droy_eclipse