[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Infra update

Greetings,

Just a few points to help keep you informed.

HIPP
- Hudson Instance Per Project
We've rolled out the ability to start/stop/restart your HIPP instances.  You can access it via the Site Login/My account page at https://dev.eclipse.org/site_login/myaccount.php

HIPP instances are proving themselves very stable and don't typically require restarts.  In fact, the stability of the shared Hudson instance has much improved as projects have migrated to HIPP.

We plan on implementing a self-serve upgrade for HIPP images, allowing projects to upgrade to the latest Hudson version at their own convenience.

Gerrit: more than just code review
We've been offering the Gerrit code review system for a while now, but did you know you can:

- "watch" project activity, just like you watch Bugzilla activity: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/settings/projects
- bypass code review altogether if you're a committer
- integrate Gerrit and your HIPP instance for continuous integration, even on code contributions

Using Gerrit makes sense even if you don't wish to use code review.  It allows potential contributors to watch your project and facilitates code contributions.  Please consider enabling it on your code repos by filing a bug.

cGit now supports Markdown
Our web-based Git browser, cGit, was recently upgraded.  It now supports a generic "about" page using Markdown, HTML or plain text.  By placing a README.md, README.html or other[1] in the root of your repo, the About tab will render the page as seen here: https://git.eclipse.org/c/z_webmaster/testhook.git/about/

The README.md for that repository is available here:
https://git.eclipse.org/c/z_webmaster/testhook.git/tree/

Thanks for reading.  If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Denis - @droy_eclipse

[1] Complete list of "about" files, in order:
CONTRIBUTING
CONTRIBUTING.md
README.md
readme.md