[eclipse.org-committers] Infra update: December 2013

Greetings,

A quick Infra update as I watch the snow pile up outside:

Forum -> Mailing list notifications
We can configure your -dev mailing list to receive notifications of newly created Forum threads.  Follow-up replies, however, are not posted to the mailing list to keep noise levels down, but notifications may allow you and your community to be more responsive to incoming user questions.  To enable this for your Forum, please file a bug against Eclipse Foundation > Community > Forums.

Here's an example:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/522756/

Gerrit: bypass code review
I've written a blog post that demonstrates how I use Gerrit as a code review tool when needed, but bypass code review when it is not required, using EGit.  I'm sure there are a dozen ways to do this, but this is the one that works best for me.

http://eclipsewebmaster.blogspot.ca/2013/11/using-gerrit-code-review-without-code.html

Add CONTRIBUTING.md to your Git repo
In bug 402384 we're suggesting the creation of a CONTRIBUTING.md file to encourage and guide potential contributors to your projects.  The Markdown-formatted file, when placed in the base directory of a repo, is rendered on the "About" tab of your repo's web view:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/about/
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/CONTRIBUTING.md

eclip.se URL Shortener

The Eclipse Foundation has acquired the "eclip.se" domain name, and is maintaining a URL shortening service which is available to everyone.  The URL shortener only supports shortening Eclipse Foundation domains, and is handy for reducing Bugzilla search links, Wiki pages, Hudson, Marketplace and other URLs that can stretch seemingly forever.

Please see http://eclip.se -- the shortener is up at the top.

Thanks for reading.  Please don't hesitate to contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions or concerns.

On behalf of everyone at the Eclipse Foundation, Best Wishes for this holiday season, and all the best for 2014!

Denis

Back to the top