[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse CLA verification automated today!

Greetings,

As you may know, the Eclipse Foundation has been working on ways to reduce the barriers to accepting contributions from non-committers.  The Contributor License Agreement[1], which, in essence, removes your requirement to ask the Three Questions[2] on each and every bug, is another step towards that goal.

Signing a CLA was enabled last week, and anyone with an Eclipse Foundation account can sign a CLA right now[3].

Today, at 2:00pm Eastern (in about 2 hours) we will be checking the Authors of all the commit entries that come into Gerrit and Git.  An overview of the workflow is described here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Handling_Git_Contributions#Overview

For more background on the CLA initiative, please see http://bugs.eclipse.org/401236 and these docs:

For committers:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Handling_Git_Contributions

For contributors:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Contributing_via_Git

Like with any initiative, there will be some growing pains, but in the end we feel the CLA will provide a much simpler mechanism for our contributors.

Like always, please feel free to post comments on the related bugs and ask questions by emailing us directly.

Thanks,

Denis & Wayne

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/CLA.php
[2] http://mmilinkov.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/a-major-overhaul-of-eclipse-ip/