[eclipse.org-committers] Apache.org server compromise

Greetings,

You may have read about the recent Apache.org server compromise[1].  While I wish a speedy recovery to our friends at Apache, this is a reminder that it could happen to Eclipse.org.

As webmasters, systems security is a big part of our business. As committers, you have write access to our file systems and elevated privileges on Bugzilla. Many of you have shell accounts on our servers. A few have admin rights on Hudson.  As committers, Eclipse.org security is also your business.

- Change your passwords.  Use good passwords.  Don't share your passwords or account.  Keep your passwords safe.
- Use SSH keys.  Ask us for help setting this up.
- Tell us if your computer was stolen, or if it was transferred to someone else.  Your SSH key or saved password may be on it.
- If a colleague/team member departs your company or project, let us know.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Denis

[1] http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/apache-foundation-hit-targeted-xss-attack-041310

--
Denis Roy