[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Infra update

Greetings,

Just a few notes regarding the server and network infra at Eclipse.org:

Hardware upgrades

We have begun deploying the servers and hardware that were donated by Google, Intel and IBM.  www.eclipse.org, the Wiki, Bugzilla and Eclipse Marketplace are currently hosted on fast new servers.  In the weeks to come, our database servers will be migrated, as well as the download servers.  Finally, we will migrate dev.eclipse.org to faster servers.

We expect most of these upgrades to be transparent to you; the only exception will be to enable the new database servers.  This will require a brief interruption of Bugzilla, Wiki and other data-driven sites.  You will be notified ahead of time of any planned outages.

Git repositories now available

In bug 257706 we were working towards deploying Git repositories at Eclipse.org.  New projects can now choose Git as their code repository, and existing projects may choose to migrate to Git.  Before choosing to migrate to Git, please read the Git Migration Guide [1] and the Git Wiki page [2].  You can also browse the existing Git repositories at http://git.eclipse.org.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Denis

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git/Migrating_to_Git
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git