CVS data loss too (was: Re: Check your recent bugs (was: [eclipse.org-committers] Infra update))

David Green wrote:
> Denis,
>
> Thanks for the update.  I noticed that there might be some data loss
> with bugzilla.  I've got an email in my inbox for a bug that was posted.
>  When I click on the link, a different bug exists there with the same id.

Hi all,

it's not just Bugzilla that was affected. I lost all CVS check-ins that
I did yesterday between approx 15:00 to 17:30 UTC. CVS was definitely
_not_ read-only during that time.
(I was able to recreate my commits from the working copy later)

Guess this is a good opportunity to restart the DVCS [1] discussion.

Cheers
Markus Alexander Kuppe

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_revision_control

Back to the top