Re: CVS data loss too (was: Re: Check your recent bugs (was: [eclipse.org-committers] Infra update))

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
I lost all CVS check-ins that
I did yesterday between approx 15:00 to 17:30 UTC. CVS was definitely

Just so you know, your CVS commits are not lost. They are sitting on the server that has failed.

However, by the time I solved the problem with the failed primary, the secondary server had been acting primary for several hours, so I can no longer assume that the failed primary had all the latest data.

If anyone wants me to copy their tree from the failed primary to the current one, please let me know. I simply prefer not to mess with your code tree.

As for git, well, I anxiously await to see it solve all our problems  :)

Back to the top