Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Bugzilla outage for security reasons

I apologize for being unclear, I meant RSA keys for authentication (instead of using their committer password). The SSH host keys for dev.eclipse.org have not been changed.

RSA keys are optional. Folks who were using RSA keys had set that up themselves, and they should know how to regenerate new ones.

Denis

Jeff McAffer wrote:

Denis,

This is a bit unclear. All committers will be using SSH keys for CVS access no? Can you indicate how one regenerates the keys?

Jeff

*"Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: eclipse.org-committers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/25/2006 07:50 PM
Please respond to
Eclipse Committers

	eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[eclipse.org-committers] Bugzilla outage for security reasons

Yesterday around 4:45pm (Eastern), an issue arose and Bugzilla was shut
down as a simple measure of precaution.  It was shut down for a little
over 2 hours.

Also as a measure of precaution, folks who were using SSH keys for CVS
extssh will need to regenerate their keys on the server.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Denis