Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse Foundation Development Process 2023 Update

I was just reviewing this to specifically check for changes related to mentors. I'm glad to see that it is removed as a requirement of the development process. We may still want to consider if it is worth creating a "mentor group" or something, but I think dropping the requirement is change for the better.

@Wayne Beaton - With respect to #12 on the nuclear option, I agree that it is worth tempering that. In that ticket you highlighted the following:

At least in part, I'm thinking about this primarily from a perspective of vulnerability management. In the case where a project team cannot or will not address a vulnerability issue in a manner that is consistent with established practices, we need to have options to step in on their behalf.

I recommend that if vulnerabilities are something that are driving this request that you be specific about that in the updates to the text of the EDP. First, this makes at least one of your intentions clear. Second, it communicates a concern to PLs and committers in such a way as to establish high priority.

jm2c and thanks for this!

Jay