Re: [eclipse-pmc] Requesting for RC2a Build for 4.30

I think the general feeling is +1 and you have my +1.  I see some +1 from planning council too.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 1, 2023, at 11:53, Manoj Nalledathu Palat via eclipse-pmc <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

I believe this definitely deserves an explanation (or may be more than one) given the concerns raised:

The original issue raised in the thread has been brought about by some modifications made to the most recent MacOS Sonoma release. We believed that a new MacOS update would resolve the issue. A similar issue in which "Eclipse" being wrongly displayed as "New Application" was fixed by Apple in the latest MacOS Sonoma 14.1 release. That's what we anticipated happening with this as well. Unfortunately it did not happen. Thus, in order to solve this problem, we had to come up with a workaround. Although not a major blocking issue , the user experience may not be good from the inverted image and thus considered making a last-minute effort. We acknowledge that this was delayed. The PR was merged so as to not delay RC2a. We agree that we should have waited, and we'll be careful going forward. We haven't promoted it yet.

Though I am not a committer here in platform, I was also involved, along-with others,  in investigating this issue yesterday and hence thought of commenting – this response summarises the thought of all involved. Completely agree with Ed that this is neither a security issue nor any functionality reducing issue. And given that there is a mixed feeling about putting this in 4.30, Its fine if it is not included in 4.30 and if we don’t create a RC2a.

PMC: Please let know your take again whether an RC2a is fine or not.

Regards,

Manoj.

I fully agree with Alex. I was surprised this morning to see that fast merge of two PR's without any chance for others to respond/review. It is not a security or blocker issue that need an immediate reaction. This is not how RC2+ changes should

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

    Report Suspicious    ‌

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

I fully agree with Alex.

I was surprised this morning to see that fast merge of two PR's without any chance for others to respond/review.

It is not a security or blocker issue that need an immediate reaction.

This is not how RC2+ changes should be handled and I hope that will not happen in the future.