RE: [eclipse-pmc] Project proposal on application security

> The utility of such a project is on us to prove, but it's not worth
> undertaking if there isn't a top-down-thumbs-up on the commitment to
security.

Arshan,

There's not a lot of "top-down" stuff that happens at Eclipse. Even though I
carry the lofty title of "Executive Director", there are many people who can
and have told me to go pound sand on a regular basis on this list alone :-D

All I can say is that I personally agree with your two points that
application security is an important problem and that given its market
share, the Eclipse community is in a powerful position to help address the
issue.  If your project builds some good and useful tools, I am certain that
they will be well received by our users. By creating such a project at
Eclipse, you have the opportunity to potentially reach a *lot* of
developers.

/mike

Back to the top