Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] New E4 demo

Hi Kai,

Fantastic!

> - Investigate Look & Feel styling
>  - Corporate Look & Feel
>  - Domain specific theming

There's a version of the demo I've hacked which uses CSS for styling. See the screen shots in http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/kevinmcguire/2008/09/14/emfcssbrainsbeauty-come-see-it-in-london-sept-19/.

Its not released though because we don't yet have the TK-UI CSS work in the Eclipse incubator (its EPL, and Angelo is keen to contribute, we just don't have the admin steps done yet).  In the interim, you can of course get the TK-UI work yourself and have a go, and I'd be happy to help you get going with it - http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/user-guide/cssengine.html.

Regards,
Kevin

"Toedter, Kai" <kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/24/2008 03:01 AM

Please respond to
E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"E4 developer list" <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] New E4 demo

Hi All,

based on Tom's EMF UI model and Boris' e4photo demo, I started a little "more Enterprise like" E4 RCP demo, a contacts manager. I have the first prototype running but want to polish it a bit before publishing. Some of my goals for the demo are:

- Getting early "hands on" experience with E4
- Show the ease of creating E4 RCP applications
- Investigate the combination of modeled UI (application base) and extensions provided by 3rd party
- Investigate Look & Feel styling
 - Corporate Look & Feel
 - Domain specific theming
- Investigate the modeling of branding information (splash screen, icons, about dialog, etc.)

I would like to contribute this demo to the e4-incubator project. Can I get write rights to the CVS?

Best regards,

Kai
---

Kai Tödter

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Architecture
CT SE 2
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 636-41064
Fax: +49 89 636-45450
mailto: kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Internet: www.siemens.com/corporate-technology

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Juergen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Peter Y. Solmssen, Klaus Wucherer; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322