Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS DOM Binding

Hi,

>a) Have an SWT.Create event that would be called for widget creation
> This allows the Styling/CSS framework to intercept these events (via a Display.addFilter(...) and do styling before they are presented to >the user).

My TK-UI SWT CSS engine can work by following your idea. There are two strategies to apply styles :

1. iterate on each SWT control to apply styles.
2. apply style into SWT control as soon as SWT control is displayed (SWT.Show) by using Display.addfilter)  But if SWT.Create event is created, it will be very easy to change the TK-UI CSS engine code.

To set information about class, style, id, I'm using setData to the SWT control.
Seet Selector section for more information.

Regards Angelo

a) Have an SWT.Create event that would be called for widget creation

This allows the Styling/CSS framework to intercept these events (via a Display.addFilter(...) and do styling before they are presented to the user).

+1

Not to mention testability :)

Cheers,
Ketan Padegaonkar,