Re: EMF backed Workbench (Was Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Initial discussion on the 'modelled' workbench UI)

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for your feedback. Comments below.

Marcelo Paternostro schrieb:
Hi,

Beautiful work Tom!  I liked a lot what I am seeing here.  I have 2
suggestions and a request ;-)

1. I saw a few attributes using EBooleanObject as type (ESash.horizontal
for example).  I am wondering if they could be just EBoolean (ie, the
primitive type)

Yeah I know but because Eric's model uses classes I wanted to align as much as possible. Once I get all running this is certainly an option.

2. I don't believe we should get too much into optimization at this very
moment, but since we are talking about booleans ;-) , there is a very
simple change you can make to reduce the amount of memory used to store
boolean values.  In your genmodel, select the root node and set the
following properties as indicated
   "Model Feature Defaults -> Boolean Flag Fields" : eFlags
   "Model Feature Defaults -> Boolean Flag Reserved Bits " : 8
When you regen the code, the boolean values will be stored using the bits
available in EObjectImpl.eFlag instead of actual boolean variables.  The
accessors will take care of all the nasty bitwise operations for you :-)

Thanks for the info.

3. Can you export the packages declared in
"org.eclipse.e4.presentationmodel.pure.emf.workbench"?  I would like to
play with the classes available there, to leverage the technology already
available for EMF models to this example.

Of course I'll export them in my next release and next week all is in CVS so it would get even easier.

Tom

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top