Re: [eclipse-dev] Newsgroups

The server that the newsgroups reside on crashed today at noon and I had to reboot it.  It appears that the filesystem recovered from the journal appropriately.  However, it seems that several messages that were posted just before the server crashed are corrupted.  Consequently, people who are having problems reading the newsgroups may need to restart their newsreader, or in some cases, unsubscribe and resubscribe to the newsgroups.

This server is on new hardware that was tested in our lab for several weeks before I deployed it on Saturday.  I am investigating the root cause of this failure.

Kim

Jared Burns <jaredburns@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/08/2003 06:24 PM