Re: [eclipse-dev] 3.0 stream build mechanism changing

Hallo Sonia,

* Sonia Dimitrov wrote:
>As of the N20030627 build, the 3.0 stream Eclipse builds will start using
>the new script generation features of org.eclipse.pde.build

BTW: where can I get information how to use this plugin? 'm asking
becasue I looking for a way to turn eclipse plugins into debian
packages. Until now I had to supply a hand crafted build.xml and so
on. I just found out, that this plugin is anyway supplyed, so I
think it would be handy to use it :) Unfortunately I couldn't find
anything in the help...

>3.  Source build scripts have been modified to the new PDE generated
>scripts.  The end result of a source build is an installable Eclipse SDK
>runtime.

Finally :) BTW, will the source build also get the 'Readme's. I saw
in one of my precompiled drops, that there are more subdirs than
'plugins' and 'features', which I couldn't get from the source
build.

Thanks for answers :)

Jan, debian maintainer for the eclipse packages
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@xxxxxxx
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."

Back to the top