RE: [eclipse-dev] What's happening after 2.1?

It could be nice to have a C# support in eclipse, but the following
questions arise (I hope I don't repeat some old arguments):

* Should it be developed as a part of Eclipse or maybe its more
appropriate for IBM or any other
  company to do it (and charge for it)?
* Can C# plugin be as good as the JDT? I really appreciate the work done
to create the C/C++ plugin, but IMHO
  Java support in eclipse is better than C/C++ support. And today,
Visual Studio is considered to be the best
  C/C++ development tool on Windows.
* What is the target "audience"? I think most people (who I know) use
VS.NET to build GUI *fast*. Today
  eclipse does not even have a java GUI builder. I don't think C#
support in eclipse will be attractive enough for
  enough people to use it.
* I'm not familiar enough with the internals of the .NET framework, but
people may need to buy some kind of "development kit"
  from Microsoft in order to develop C# programs in Eclipse. In such
case, why shouldn't they buy the whole IDE (or Microsoft
  will just sell it as a single package) ?

I think C# support should be developed as a separate plugin (CDT?
WSAD?), and if it proves to be good, it can be integrated into Eclipse.

Genady