Re: [eclipse-dev] Sharable tasks

Daniel Le Berre wrote:

Le mar 15/04/2003 à 09:15, Gabriele Garuglieri a écrit :

I see that there is something already ongoing about this problem, and as a first approach the "insectivore" plugin looks very promising for my needs, but i would like to see that kind of support integrated into official eclipse.
But if i'm allowed, i'd like to add a couple of last things to discussion.

Yes, insectivore works fine. I just adopted it when I saw the reply to
your answer. :-=)

One last thing, since before i talked about a unofficial plugin, i wish to point out a thing that is not closely related to this question, but has been one of the problems that has prevented up to now the adoption of eclipse by our group. When you install some unofficial plugins, you must put them into the "catch all" plugin directory, and after a while you just forget what you installed. What most of us that have experimented with eclipse found rather annoying is that when you install a new release you must manually spot out from plugin directory what you extra installed there to replicate the same installations to the new release. Would it be so complicated to allow for, let's say, a "user plugin" directory in parallel with the base product one, so that one can easily see what is official and what is not?

This is possible since Eclipse 1.0:

use the -plugin parameter:

eclipse -data myworkspace -plugins /home/leberre/.plugin-path

with /home/leberre/.plugin-path

platformPath=file:/home-local/eclipse/plugins/
pluginDevelopmentPath=file:/home/leberre/eclipse/plugins/

the first path is the standard eclipse platform plugin path.
the second one the user plugins path.

Now nothing prevent your group to adopt eclipse :-=)

Well, when anything else has failed read the instructions.
When things like this happens i always wonder why while spotting bugs i always miss the elephant on which bugs lay. The only thing i can say is that time constraints never gave me chances for an indepth analysis of eclipse capabilities. Up to now i always tried to import projects already started and when experiencing difficulties i had to quit, but this time i'm trying to start a project from scratch and i'm really impressed of java editor capabilities.
Pls. just forget the second part of my reply.

Gabriele.

	Daniel

Back to the top