Re: [eclipse-dev] Sharable tasks

Le mar 15/04/2003 à 09:15, Gabriele Garuglieri a écrit :

> I see that there is something already ongoing about this problem, and as
> a first approach the "insectivore" plugin looks very promising for my
> needs, but i would like to see that kind of support integrated into
> official eclipse.
> But if i'm allowed, i'd like to add a couple of last things to discussion.

Yes, insectivore works fine. I just adopted it when I saw the reply to
your answer. :-=)

> One last thing, since before i talked about a unofficial plugin, i wish
> to point out a thing that is not closely related to  this question, but
> has been one of the problems that has prevented up to now the adoption
> of eclipse by our group.
> When you install some unofficial plugins, you must put them into the
> "catch all" plugin directory, and after a while you just forget what you
> installed.
> What most of us that have experimented with eclipse found rather
> annoying is that when you install a new release you must manually spot
> out from plugin directory what you extra installed there to replicate
> the same installations to the new release.
> Would it be so complicated to allow for, let's say, a "user plugin"
> directory in parallel with the base product one, so that one can easily
> see what is official and what is not?

This is possible since Eclipse 1.0:

use the -plugin parameter:

eclipse -data myworkspace -plugins /home/leberre/.plugin-path

with /home/leberre/.plugin-path

platformPath=file:/home-local/eclipse/plugins/
pluginDevelopmentPath=file:/home/leberre/eclipse/plugins/

the first path is the standard eclipse platform plugin path.
the second one the user plugins path.

Now nothing prevent your group to adopt eclipse :-=)

	Daniel
--
             Daniel Le Berre mailto:leberre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             Maitre de Conferences,  CRIL,  Universite d'Artois

Back to the top