RE: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse rant

> > 5) Concerning your 5.: You should try giving Eclipse more
> memory via
> >    -vmargs -Xmx... (see jre docs). Sounds like the Java
> garbage collection
> >    is doing overtime.
> >

> Indeed I tried that with but still no-go, I cannot get it to
> swap right,
>    it seems that whatever I do paging takes forever, even when I'm
> clearing RAM and giving some more residency to java.

Do you have a virus checker running with "real time file protection"?

We had a significant performance increase by disabling "real-time file
protection on all file operations" in Norton Anti Virus. Apparently that
configurations scans files everytime they are accessed, and if you have a
few large projects open in Eclipse there is always a lot of file access
going on.

Regards
  Nick

Back to the top