Re: [ecf-dev] a completable future for OSGi remote services

On 03/24/2014 06:19 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:

> The major drawback...for the time being...is that this does, of course,
> depend upon Java8...and so requires that both the remote service host
> and consumer use Java8, and that the remote service distribution
> provider be enhanced very slightly.   It's not technically challenging
> to make these enhancements, however.

Hi,

the usage of CompletableFutures for ECF's async proxies is indeed tempting.
To ease the migration though, is there maybe a standalone lib of CF
(obviously without labmdas) for < Java8 (similar to concurrent backports
when Java5 came out)? With it, we don't necessarily have to drag in a
Java8 dependency at our API level. OTOH we could also provide two
versions of our remote service distribution provider (one for Java8 and
another for < Java8).

M.

Back to the top