Re: [ecf-dev] New tutorial: Creating your first OSGi Remote Service

On 12/8/2013 5:12 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
<stuff deleted>

It still shows: // OSGi Standard Property - indicates which provider config(s) will be used to export the service props.put("service.exported.configs","ecf.generic.server");

Is this intentional?

Yes. Since it is so central to how Remote Services now work (service.exported.configs), I thought it would be useful to include it.

I would assume that RSA selects the highest ranking currently deployed distribution provider automatically.

What the spec says is this (Table 100.2): 'If this property is not set or empty, a distribution provider is free to choose a default configuration type for the service'. And so the ECF RSA distribution provider chooses a default of "ecf.generic.server".

So it could be removed...and with ECF's RSA implementation the service will be exported. I think it's useful to include in an introductory tutorial...simply because it does convey something about the way OSGi remote services are typically going to be registered (I expect the typical case is that it would be present/explicitly set...as per the spec).

Scott