[ecf-dev] OSGi tooling panel discussion

Hi Folks,

I recently watched the video of this panel discussion, and found it interesting for discussing the various issues around OSGi tooling (e.g. 'manifest-first' vs. 'generated').

http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/java-jee/osgi-development-tooling-panel-2320

Note ECF's provider architecture comes up as a positive example of something that requires an even higher-level of componentry than OSGi bundles alone (e.g. 'subsystems?'). This because we have a notion of discovery and distribution providers...which naturally consist of multiple bundles and services.

Scott

Back to the top