Re: [ecf-dev] ECF helpwanted bugs [GSoC 2011]

Hi Richard,

On 3/20/2011 2:04 PM, Richard O. Legendi wrote:
Dear List,

My name is Richard Legendi and I saw that Eclipse ECF is in GSoC:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_Ideas
    #Eclipse_Communication_Framework

I would be interested in this topic, especially improving the IRC features.

This would be a great thing for the community. The IRC provider and UI was done by a combination of committers, including me, Remy Suen, and Chris Anisczyck.

I would love to see improvement made the the IRC provider (the piece that talks the IRC protocol)...and/or the IRC UI/client...but I cannot offer mentoring for such a project, as I don't have the time to commit to it...and do it justice (i.e. I don't want to be a mentor and not be able to actually support the student/you).

I encourage one of the other ECF committers to make themselves as a mentor for such a project...if you can/would be willing to do so please make this known here on the mailing list.

I'm a PhD student and I have ~6 years of Java experience, including some Eclipse plug-in development. A few years ago I way playing with ECF and I liked it pretty much.

I would appreciate any help about what information should I provide in order to be accepted as potential student.

Perhaps you could describe some of the improvements you would like to make...so that all the committers, and other community members could understand better what you have in mind.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top