Re: [ecf-dev] Remote Services over SSL?

 On 10/18/2010 6:05 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 10/18/2010 10:53 AM, Peter Lauri wrote:
We have our Virgo container A located in one network, and then the other virgo container B located in another network. We would like to consume a service that is exposed on B from A over SSL, is this possible? Is there any example out there for this?
Hi,

r-OSGi allows to customize its NetworkChannel [0]. You could try
extending ch.ethz.iks.r_osgi.impl.TCPChannelFactory with an impl that
uses a SSLSocket. Make sure to also check the r-OSGi forum if somebody
has done so already.
OTOH the generic provider might also support SSL as a network channel.

With the generic provider you can use a custom socket factory...and have it create SSLServerSocket/SSLSockets. This is something that is on my personal list to do/test, but I haven't yet had a chance to do so.

Scott will have to answer this. And then there is always the REST based
provider which, to my understanding, should support SSL out of the box.

The REST-based provider uses apache httpclient 3.1.0 to communicate with the remote http service. httpclient does of course support ssl/https, although you may need to customize the http client setup...this can be done by extending certain classes in the REST implementation (e.g. org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest.client.RestClientService).

Scott

Back to the top