Re: [ecf-dev] Remote Services over SSL?

On 10/18/2010 10:53 AM, Peter Lauri wrote:
> We have our Virgo container A located in one network, and then the other virgo container B located in another network. We would like to consume a service that is exposed on B from A over SSL, is this possible? Is there any example out there for this?

Hi,

r-OSGi allows to customize its NetworkChannel [0]. You could try
extending ch.ethz.iks.r_osgi.impl.TCPChannelFactory with an impl that
uses a SSLSocket. Make sure to also check the r-OSGi forum if somebody
has done so already.
OTOH the generic provider might also support SSL as a network channel.
Scott will have to answer this. And then there is always the REST based
provider which, to my understanding, should support SSL out of the box.

Markus

[0] http://r-osgi.sourceforge.net/channels.html

P.S.: Please consider sharing/contributing your findings/implementation
with the community.

Back to the top