Re: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.

Hi,

No problem for zookeeper discovery. As you can see from the example DS products there is a "launching" tab for each product. Here you can see that the ports have been set for the zookeepers running in different jvm's.

The host and client ds examples both run on the same machine.

Best regards,

Wim

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 09/09/2010 03:49 PM, Jeff Hamm wrote:
> Hi Markus --
>
> Yes, there are use cases where we would need to run both on the same machine. Does this narrow the choice?

For mDNS and SLP this should not be a problem. But Wim will have to
answer the question if Zookeeper run on a single machine. The problem is
that it might lead to port conflicts if two separate VMs try to bind to
the same port.

Markus