From: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:39 AM
To: ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.

  Hi Jeff,

On 9/8/2010 5:01 AM, Jeff Hamm wrote:
> Hey Scott --
>
> Thanks for the reply. I think I know what I did that's causing the problem.
>
> In hello.xml, I had added the following:
>
>     <service>
>        <provide interface="org.eclipse.cosmos.me.sdd.runtime.internal.service.IHello"/>
>     </service>
>
> I did this thinking that I would need a service to the host and that that you could obtain it through the implemented interface. My thinking was wrong.

Actually, this behavior (exposing the proxy on the *host*) could possibly be introduced (I would need to think about implications here...i.e. for OSGI-specified behavior, etc., before committing that it would be ok).  So if you have a use case for it please let us all know.

> Thanks for helping me work through this.

No problem.  Thanks for using ECF, and bringing up your question/issue/bug on this forum.

Scott