[ecf-dev] ECF 3.0 branch and update

Hi Folks,

Today, Ted K and I created a new branch: Release_3_0. We also set our build to use this branch. Between now and Galileo release, *only* the following changes may occur on the Release_3_0 branch

a) documentation
b) critical bug fixes (after required review)

HEAD is now available for changes that are intended for after Galileo (i.e. ECF 3.1 or later). *But* since we haven't yet jointly decided what next year's versioning and release timing will be, please do not introduce API breaking changes until we figure out what our planned releases will be next year (i.e. major release or minor releases only, etc). I would like to have a discussion about versioning for next year at ECF's next conference call (next Tuesday, June 9).

Also, FYI, we've made our final contribution to the platform/p2 build and so the 11 ECF plugins contributed for the platform will not be built again before Galileo. If you have any desired changes to these 11 plugins (see [1] for list), please bring up for discussion here before applying *any* change.

Note that the Galileo repo will *not* include the ECF filetransfer bundles...rather these bundles should be gotten from the platform. If this affects any consumers of ECF negatively, please make it known here and we'll figure something out.

The ECF 3.0/Galileo release review will be next Wed, June 10 at 1500 UTC (see [2]). Please attend if you can. ECF has submitted it's IP log and had it approved, and is ready for the review.

I'm looking forward to a really excellent and exciting ECF 3.0 community release for Galileo. Committers and contributors...please keep up the good work on finding/fixing bugs and creating documentation. Everything that's done now will make usage and adoption that much easier later.

Thanksinadvance to the entire Eclipse community!

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/external/rt/ecf/3.0Test/3.5/ecf.filetransfer.map
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/whatsnew.php

Back to the top